Thursday, November 27, 2014

Market - சந்தை




Based on a click by Mr Henk Oochapan, His picture was in 'landscape' mode. I took the basic theme and adapted it to 'Portrait' mode.
When staring at the picture, I found interesting planes going into perspective and decided that will be the holding element for the work.
Plane and Perspective study
The colors of the plastic sheets was a winner. To achieve that saturation, I applied the paint thick . Once the paint was dry, the strokes of white did the desired sheen effect.
The light upward angle of the front road is deliberate. I didn't want the visual to sit heavy and static. That slant will add to the drama.
Juxtaposition is another element - 
Solid vs Gradation, 
Closed end vs open wash ends, 
Bright saturation vs earthy colors.
'CONTRAST' is always a big eye-ball magnet. 
....................................................................................................
Artist - KravMaga SreeRam
Acrylic on 300 gsm board
Size without border - 50 x 70 cm
Ref. No. 19
For sale
...................................................
Ph;  0-934 000 66 00
Please don't reproduce in any medium, in any form without formal permission of the painter. 





No comments:

Post a Comment